Photobucket

Friday, 7 September 2007

Excuse me, sir/ma'am. Would you like to -

'They were like sharks lurking in the sea of shadows cast by buildings and trees, away from the glaring light of the pre-afternoon sun. They knew where we were, but they didn't approach us. Not yet. They were toying with us - their prey. We knew they were going to get us one way or another, it was just a matter of time. And all of a sudden, one of them - a dark male wearing white - came out of the shadows for a brief moment and said, with unnatural glee...

"Excuse me ma'am, would you like to donate to the Yellow Ribbon Project?"'


Yes, today was donation-collecting day. And, same as last year, it was for the Yellow Ribbon Project. Timothy, Joel, Khairul, Edmund, Yi Jie and myself went to Parkway Parade to help spread support and fill our tin cans.

It was pretty fun, like almost all other CIP stuff. For me, that is, because I find happiness or something like that when I go around asking for donations or doing stuff to help people. Maybe it's that feeling that I'm being kind.

Or the feeling of superiority, which I highly doubt.

During this first half of the day, I rediscovered something: Most Singaporeans are mute, even though they weren't shouting their lungs out for a whole day. I mean, even if you don't wanna donate, a simple "No" would've sufficed. Instead, you look away and walk around an invisible ring with a radius of four meters that I seemed to have emanated.

Like I'm a shark, or leper (lark/sheper(d)?). Not like I'm angry or anything.

So, I told Khairul, "Why don't we say, 'Hey, good morning, sir. You look like an ex-convict. Why not try helping your own kind, simply by donating to the Yellow Ribbon Project. It's for a good cause.'?"

And dang, the six of us should've formed an acapella (spelling?) and sing something about the YRP, with our tin cans in front of us.

And now I'm at home, destined to rot away.

Your favourite beatboxing ambigrammist,
Az

Posted by Az at 2:52 pm

Photobucket





Comments:
Post a Comment


Back >