Photobucket

Friday, 8 January 2010

Of faith and perhaps God

DISCLAIMER: This is just my opinion. I'm not forcing it onto others.

I'm not gonna preach to anyone because I know just as much about God as you do: Nothing. We can only think we know. Isn't that why there are so many faiths and not just one?

My very personal belief is that these differences are what makes humanity beautiful. If we all practised the exact same religion, it would be like a song with just one note. Even within a religion, there are multiple interpretations, so in a way, it's like a song that plays with a blend of chords.

However, I personally feel that imposing one's belief system to another is just wrong. It shows hypocrisy, disrespect and a lack of understanding. Even if it's not in war, people who preach and tell you to follow rules blindly get on my nerves. And I feel every religion has a percentage who do that. Looking down on the 'unbelievers' and think them scum unworthy of the gift of life.

What I feel is a better and more peaceful option is to talk about it; Between faiths and with an open mind. Without preaching, of course.

Think about it. Here's an example. There is a man who practises his faith diligently by-the-book and just stays at home doing that for the rest of his life. Then there is another man who spends his days travelling the world, seeing first-hand the wonders and beauty of nature, the variety of cultures and getting a view of the world.

Who do you think can appreciate God (And His creations) more?

I'm not saying that religion is bad. I love religion.

I just don't like the way some practise it with a narrow mind and try to impose it upon others. The worst kind would be killing because of it. What God would want you to kill His children without giving them a chance to understand and accept Him?

My key idea here is understanding. I feel that the more you ask with genuine interest in finding more knowledge and broadening your horizons, the more you understand and can therefore feel the beauty of God.

However, I'm not saying that people who don't practise a religion are good. But neither am I saying they're bad. There are definitely a mix of good and bad people out there. But what is the force that should bind us together?

What entity can unite us and bring about peace?

I have no idea. But I strongly suspect that love, care, respect and an understanding of each other can help a great deal. With them, even the barriers of religion can create no war.

Well, that's just my take on it, anyway.

Your favourite universe lover,
Az

Posted by Az at 4:11 am

Photobucket





Comments:
Post a Comment


Back >